Monday, March 23, 2009

After the show ...

First off, a List of Participating Englebasser!

-~o~-

Anja Gram: Illustrator, brought Greeting Cards and a Childrens Book

Marianne Lundov: Felted Hats and Scarves

Diannas Hatte: Fancy Hats and Headbands

Mette Duch Olesen: Childrens fleece sweaters

Pia Pamperin: Ofelias Opal, High End Jewelry

Dorthe Walbum: Paintings

Inge-lise Kristensen: Paintings

Kathrine Smedegaard: Was sewing a fur stola, but on her site shows headbands

-~o~-

Do check them out :)

Now for the show ... I have to say, it was a bit of a dissapointment. It was really very slow, and we had expected many more people. I don't know where the arrangers got their numbers, but they were quite a bit off.

I did sell a few pieces. 6 to be exact, in 3 full days! Two of them to my fellow angels. How is that for slow? That does not cover my booth fee at all, or my supplies.
I did get tempted by other sellers to spend money on their stuff though. I was especially pleased to meet www.smykkestativer.dk (jewelry displays) from whom I got a neckdisplay off the bargain bin. I have been looking high and low for one of those, and this was a great price. I also got 10 earring displays (to use on my next show ...) at a quarter of the price I had had quoted from a different guy (in a jewelry shop) some time ago. Excellent! I should have gotten one of those acrylic pointy things, for photographing rings on, but they live in Copenhagen too, so it's not a problem.

I also got the custom inscriped cap from my last post, and a bodyscrub with salt from the dead sea for my mother.

I'd like to link you to Sine Strøm too. I can't pull off wearing her clothes, but I really love her style and secretly wish I could :)

I had to eat too of course (yay for the 2 chocolate stands, and the very nice popcorn and softice guy, who let us help empty the maschines in the evening, Yum!). Luckily I could get free water from the tap.
In all I've had a very expensive weekend, when I really were supposed/hoping to bring home a bit of cash.

We all had plenty of time to chat during the 3 days, and it was so nice to get to know and speak to all of the great ladies in our group, and the surrounding people too.
We also had time to think, and I have come to a few conclusions.

1) I need more than 3 weeks to prepare propperly for a show, it can make me very tense. I did have a lot of nice pieces ready though, and since it was a shared space and my table wasn't too big, it all worked out well this time.

2) I need to settle on a specific style, rather than be all over the place. This may be mainly to help myself focus.

3) I need to figure out my target audience, which will of course be related to the style I settle on. I gave out a lot of cards, but several seemed to take them only to be polite. Many did go to have a look though, which was nice. I had gotten myself placed in the center of our area, so I had to point my table out to people if they were to notice it. The lights helped a bit, I will always request lights. On the last day I got half a day on the outer rim which was much better. I will not volounteer for a center space again.

4) It dawned upon me that since I never have the time to do it when working up to a show (based on my 2 tries :), I should go ahead and make the folder I want now. Now is when I have time, and then it will be ready when I need it, and will not make me tense the next time. Clever, eh? I'd also like nice printed signs proclaiming 'Unique Handmade Beads and Jewelry' and 'Please Touch!'. Also - stamping my new boxes in advance would be a plus :)

5) I like to dress nicely. I should do that more ... It just doesn't have much purpose when going to work.

I'm sure I thought of more, but now I'm back at home/work and thinking of other things again. It's time to work some more on my website, which by the way was freshly up-loaded in a new version last thursday. Go have a look at Profusion Art Glass and rest assured I will update and add stuff over the next couple of weeks.
If you have suggestions of sections you'd like me to make, do let me know, yes?

P~

1 comment:

Hanne said...

det er godt med konklusioner, det skal man altid huske at skrive ned bagefter. næste gang, hvis pladsen er sådan at der skal være en i midten, kan du jo foreslå at I rykker rundt & står et nyt sted hver dag, selv om det selvfølgelig giver en masse arbejde, så giver det også ekstra energi. (når man flytter på ting tilfører man ny energi =D). jeg synes altså at hvis du godt kan lide at klæde dig pænt på så kan du godt gøre det i hverdagen, pointen er jo at du får det bedre & føler dig effektiv & chic, så er det sådan set ligemeget om der er brug for det på dit arbejde eller ej. hej du skulle se hvad jeg nogengange klæder mig ud i & jeg skifter altså til hårnet & laboratorie outfit på arbejde ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...