Sunday, December 11, 2011

Tiny basement update

My workshop is now all packed up and laying around in boxes in the living room. Glass stash, tools, kiln - everything. The room is empty and being tiled, and as with each of the other rooms, it looks so large and even has an echo :)

I really have to make a plan for how I'd like to place everything. As I said, I want a permanently ready-to-go torch area with my oxy-con, glass and kiln within easy reach.

I'd also like a jewellers bench (I don't need a real one, just an area for working in metal), a permanent photo tent, like one of those cubes or something similar. I'd like an bit of officespace for papers and packaging stuff and also for storrage (my dear boyfriend would be so happy to not have beads and parts all over the livingroom).

A bit of shelves for a little glass library, a nice cabinet for my slowly growing bead and glass collection, a nice chair for sipping tea and reading/having a guest over - Yup, I've got plenty of dreams, so even with an echo sized room, I bet some of this will not be able to fit. A plan is definately in order here.

I do know it will be fantastic in the end though :) Yay! and it will not be long before I can move my stuff back in. This I know because christmas is closing in on us, and we are having my family over!

I wish for you a less solidly booked week than mine :)
Lene

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...