Friday, August 21, 2009

New Tools

So what tools did I get you ask? Well -
I have been having a lot of fun playing with the large hole mandrels I have. They are only 5mm mandrels, but that is large for me and my tiny beads :)
The whole point of making beads with larger holes is of course that I would love to core them, and eventually cap them too. I just love the look, not to mention the feel, of cored/capped beads. Glass in itself has a lovely weight, but the extra weight of the silver is a treat that screams 'Quality!' to me.
I now own a tubecutter from Ridgid, a beadliner from ArtintheRound, and a bit of tube from Ravstedhus. The only problem is that the tube has a slightly larger outer dimension than the inner dimension of the beads I had prepared. Now I double dip the mandrels, to see if that helps, but of course these new beads are waiting to be annealed. The double dipping seems to make the seperator crack when I heat it, even if I leave it to dry overnight (or several nights as it may be), so it can be a bit difficult to work with, but I am getting used to it.

Artsy thought of the week - I need to start earning some serious money, because I think I may have to start a ceramic collection too, as well as a glassobject collection.
I collect names/cards of artists I like, and have done so for years. One day I will be able to shop art again, it will happen, most definately, because it makes my soul sing.
Last saturday I saw the beautiful earthy works of Annette Valstrøm at the annual arts and crafts market at Vor Frue Plads in Copenhagen. She had brought this type of figures, a lot of them, a whole forrest. It was a beautiful sight (and I want one! or two ...) :)

P~

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...