Monday, September 15, 2008

I made pendants

And I love them!
It is so great to see a finished product, even if fondeling loose beads is a joy in itself :)
I have to say, gluing in the sterling bails was not as easy as I had thought. Things were either too slippery or too set. I used two-part epoxy, that dries up in 5 minutes, and I had to remix several times to get these done. Any tricks to it that I should know of? (Angela?)

Anyway, they came out great in the end, and I managed to get a couple of pics of them too, in the last rays of sun for the day. Here we go:

These are all I have for now, as I had only bought 10 bails. I need to order more right now. They are brilliant!
Now the rubber cords I have been talking about - that is an entirely different story. I think I may need to order a lot of sterling chains instead :/



Hanne said...

ih jeg synes de er mægtig fine & som de hænger her ligner de nogle pupper , sejt :)

angelinabeadalina said...

Oooh, they look great!! As for the tricks, not sure if this will help you, but here goes... Use something to prop things where you want them while they dry. For instance, I'll get a sculpture where I want it and then use the handles of a couple heavy pairs of pliers stacked around the sculpture to hold it in place while it dries. Only mix a little bit of epoxy at a time, that way if the proportions are wrong and it isn't drying right, you haven't wasted a big bunch of it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...