My kiln has been having trouble keeping a steady temperature lately, so I emailed the nice people at Uterm and they sent me a replacement relay (Thank you, Uterm!)
I were wondering if I would be able to replace it myself, since I have no idea what goes on inside a kiln, but as you see, it was a piece of cake :)
Here is my kiln seen from below. You may be able to see 2 boxes attached to the bottom plate from the inside, and a bunch of wires.
4 screws keep the bottom plate in place from the outside. 2 in front and 2 in the back. A little tight, but easily removed. I pulled out the bottom plate with an old screwdriver, by pulling on the little 'legs'.
Here it is opened, revealing the wires inside. I were surprised there wasn't more parts in there.
The wires go in (and back out and up to the heating elements) ...
There is the relay, and a transformer behind it ...
And over here on the other side is the brain, with the control buttons on the outside. And that is it ...
The relay has 6 wires attached, two of them double, and with this much space to work in they were easily removed and attached to the new relay in their propper places. Then I unscrewed the old relay and put the new one in it's place.
I closed up the bottom plate and put the 4 screws back in.
Voilá, all done.
Much easier than I had imagined :)