Thursday, May 01, 2008

I'm a front row girl!

Completely non-glass related :)




Today I did something I have never done before. I went to a concert, without having a ticket, hoping I could get one at the door. This concert was completely sold out and had been for a while, and I had not expected to be able to get in. But I know this venue, and since the merchandise stand is passed before you have to show your ticket, I thought I would go and at least get the new CD. Then I thought, why not try to find a ticket now that I will be there anyway. So I made a sign proclaiming that I needed a ticket and I stood by the door to be seen by everyone entering.




And it worked! I stood there for 15-20 min. when a guy came over and sold me a ticket! Yes, once again have I been fortunate enough to experience the wonder that is Einstürzende Neubauten. If you do not know these guys, now would be a good time to do a bit of research and aquaint yourself with something wonderful. You must like your music rythmic and loud though, and be up for a bit of powertools and steel percussion. And German language :) Lots of stuff on YouTube. A favourite of mine Haus der Lüge, Yum! They didn't play much of the good old stuff though, mostly from the recent years and from the new CD that I have not heard yet. But I liked the new songs and I look forward to getting to know them :)
I were talking a bit with the girl next to me, and it was her first Neubauten live concert. She liked it a lot! And I could only agree, they are awesome :)

P~

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...